LOCATION CENTRAL ILLINOIS
A German international company, the second-largest wind farm developer in Germany, is looking for an experienced Land Agent to work as a full-time employee in Central Illinois.
- Job-Type: Full-time
- Starting immediately or as agreed.
- Competitive salary and benefits. Relocation expenses may be covered.
The position of Land Agent will work in close cooperation with the company’s Greenfield and Development Teams located in Florida.
The Land Agent is responsible for securing land by lease, option or right-of-way agreement in furtherance of wind and solar energy development projects as assigned by the Project Development Teams.
The company offers competitive compensation and benefits.
- Contacting landowners using appropriate means (email, phone, in person)
- Preparing introductory letter and other materials as needed to secure land
- Traveling to project sites to conduct meetings with landowners
- Negotiating leases or other land control documents as approved by UKA
- Maintaining records of all leases and supporting UKA documentation
- Reporting and coordinating with UKA development teams as directed
- Filing and recording memoranda of leases with appropriate government entities
- Maintaining a positive rapport with landowners and community leaders
- Supporting other project efforts including wind data collection, community outreach/intelligence and permitting as assigned
- Examining properties that are not being used to their full potential and proposing recommendations using real estate practices, legal concepts, governmental standards, and regulations
- Inspecting, determining the value of property and making recommendations regarding litigation when necessary
- Investigating land details and due diligence to determine eligibility for land acquisition
- Other tasks as assigned
Up to 75% as required. Good driving record is required. Valid unrestricted Driver’s License.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of professional experience in relevant field such as real estate development, land acquisition, land planning, previous experience leasing land for wind power projects required
- Must be able to communicate effectively with wide range of individuals including landowners and community leaders
- Brokers license in Illinois required
- Must understand and be able to effectively communicate terms of land control instruments including lease, option and right-of –way agreements
- Must be able to coordinate with UKA for supporting materials, direction and approvals
- Must have a basic command of renewable energy projects
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to record leases
- Ability to develop land acquisition methods and plans
- Ability to oversee and coordinate with UKA all aspects of land acquisition projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Preference given to applicants with previous GIS experience (i.e., ESRI, Global Mapper, Google Earth, etc.)
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job- related experience
- Basic computer skills to facilitate communications with UKA and landowners