LOCATION STUART, FLORIDA
A German international company, the second-largest wind farm developer in Germany, is looking for a full time Project Developer for their office in Stuart, FL.
- Job-Type: Full-time
- Starting immediately or as agreed.
- Competitive salary and benefits. Relocation expenses may be covered.
The position of Project Developer will be part of the Development Team reporting to the Head of Development. The Project Developer is responsible for the advancement of development projects as assigned by the Head of Development. The employee will work closely with the project acquisitions team and third party consultants assigned to the projects.
- Identify prospective projects with a suitable wind/solar resource, electric transmission access, and site characteristics
- Create and manage project development budgets and estimates
- Establish and manage relationships with stakeholders, including elected officials, regulators, utilities, and transmission owners and operators to support project development
- Work with internal resources, such as the legal, engineering, and energy assessment teams
- Obtain land surface rights to design, permit, construct, operate, and maintain wind/solar power projects
- Manage state, federal, and regional permitting of wind/solar facilities
- Participate in interconnection agreement negotiations
- Oversee the preparation of proposals that are submitted to utilities and other power buyers
- Support the financial analysis and modeling of the project
- Manage the collection, organization and filing of all project documentation, both internally and for external third party stakeholders
- Provide reports to management by producing regular and frequent pipeline updates, project status updates, and other reporting documents
- Communicate information continuously and effectively to cross-functional teams
- Other duties as assigned
Up to 50% as required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Detail-oriented approach to work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Goal oriented
- Strategic Thinking
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines
- Ability to work effectively while maintaining accuracy and sensitivity under tight timelines
- Ability to recognize the importance or impact of issues and situations and take appropriate actions
- Ability to work from an organizational perspective as well as independently and as a contributing team member
- Ability to organize time effectively while identifying barriers to progress, proposing solutions and setting priorities
2+ years of professional experience in a relevant field, project management or prior renewable energy experience.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Undergraduate degree in engineering, law, geography, area planning, project management, finance or other relevant program.