The UKA Group is a leading international wind and solar energy developer across Germany, Europe and the United States. Our expert team around the world is committed to honesty and integrity that landowners and communities can rely on from the project’s conception through operations. Meet the expert team members at our North American branch in Stuart, Florida. We have been developing renewable energy for more than 20 years contributing to climate change solutions.
- Daniel is an executive energy professional with more than 25 years of expertise in the development, permitting and construction of energy infrastructure.
- He joined UKA in 2018 and is responsible for the US organization, Stuart office and execution of the business plan.
- He has led the development and permitting of more than 2,000 MW of power generation across North America including wind, solar and battery storage.
- He has been a member of the New York Bar Association since 1998, and previously led cross-functional teams at US Generating, Toshiba and Acciona Energy North America.
Head of Market Assessment
- Greg has more than 15 years of project development and offtake origination experience in renewable energy. He has previously worked on numerous projects for marquee companies in the U.S. power generation sector, including at Bosch, GE, STION and Tradewind Energy.
- He leads teams on originating, developing and implementing offtake contracts with utilities, corporations, and municipal co-ops for utility-scale wind and solar energy generation facilities.
Regional Team Leader
- Michael is an executive energy professional with more than 30 years of expertise in Commercial Real Estate and 8 years in the development, permitting and construction of energy infrastructure.
- He joined UKA in 2021 and is responsible for the Texas office and execution of the business plan.
- He has been licensed as a real estate broker in 8 states and has done land acquisition and development work for numerous energy companies.
Senior Project Manager
- Denis is a PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with over 35 years Energy industry experience, primarily in Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy (Wind & Solar), Fossil and Nuclear Energy.
- His multi-faceted skill set includes Project Development and Execution, Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management.
- He has a track record of managing and successfully delivering multi-million dollar capital projects in the United States, Africa and Saudi Arabia.
- He joined UKA in 2021, has a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Tuskegee University and an MBA in Project Management from Florida Institute of Technology.
Land and Project Manager
- Dennis is a utility-scale renewable energy veteran with nearly 15 years of wind, solar, and battery storage development experience in a dozen states.
- He has led or assisted on projects from Arizona to Pennsylvania and Texas to Wyoming and negotiated literally thousands of agreements totaling hundreds of thousands of acres. His executed agreements have an aggregated landowner value in excess of $1 billion.
- He has a Bachelor of Science in Radio/TV Communications, an MBA, PMP, RWA, and is a Texas licensed real estate agent. He also produces educational videos on windfarms hosted at www.windfarmguy.com.
Charles D. Wright
Team Lead Prospecting
- Charles is a renewable energy professional with expertise in development, M&A, project finance, offtake procurement and project management.
- He has worked on the origination, financing, and development of more than 2.5 GWs of wind and solar energy projects.
- He has previously worked at RedWind Renewables.
- Chance is a renewable energy professional specializing in development, project management, site design, and energy yield assessments.
- He earned his Bachelor’s of Science in Wind Energy from Texas Tech University.
- Ella is a professional land planner and site designer with experience working in sustainable development.
- She earned her Bachelor’s of Science in Sustainability and the Built Environment and her Masters in Urban and Regional Planning from the University of Florida.
- Ben has more than 13 years of experience in project management in the renewable energy development, energy infrastructure, and energy environmental consulting spaces.
- He has worked on development in excess of 1 GW of solar, BESS, geothermal, and wind projects throughout the U.S.
- Ben earned a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology from Indiana State University and Master of Science in Environmental Policy and Management from American Public University.
Transmission Planning Engineer
- Reynaldo is an electrical engineer with six years of consulting experience and more than 14 years of experience performing system transmission planning in accordance with NERC reliability and design standards. He also boasts more than 30 years of experience in power system operations and other industrial activities with proven ability to perform high level studies to evaluate the performance of the bulk power system.
- Reynaldo is an expert in modeling and simulating any power system scenario with excellent abilities in system planning tools like PSSE, ASPEN, PSLF, TARA and MUST.
Evelyn Parra Benavides
Assistant Electrical Engineer
- Evelyn is an Electrical Engineer with a major in Power Systems with more than 20 years of experience in conducting transmission planning studies for the design of short and long term investments, contracting and managing the construction of substations and transmission lines associated for the electric utility in Venezuela.
- She also has 4 years of experience as a PV designer for residential and commercial loads in Puerto Rico.
- She joined UKA in 2021 as Assistant Electrical Engineer for the Transmission Planning Group.
- Oneida is a renewable energy professional specializing in the identification and qualification of exploratory project locations utilizing various market tools including Global Mapper, Google Earth Pro, PVSyst, and more.
- She acquired 10 years of renewable energy experience coordinating project needs that included: managing staff allocation, negotiating priorities and resolving scheduling conflicts as Account Manager of NextEra Energy’s Wind Analytics team.
Prospecting Team Assistant
- Claus is an environmental consultant since 15 years and ensured environmentally-friendly development through conservation, restoration and protection.
- His experience includes consulting with private engineering firms and construction contractors to investigate environmental impacts; relocate and monitoring threatened and endangered species; collaborate with local, federal, and state agencies; and obtain environmental permits.
- Claus earned his Bachelor’s of Science in Marine Biology from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington and his Master of Science in Biology, Coastal Ecology, and Seagrass Biology from Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton.
Part-time Community Relations Specialist
- Before joining UKA in 2021, Dan was a newspaper reporter and freelance writer for 25 years, with his work appearing in publications throughout northern Illinois. A La Salle County native, he also penned two local history books and has been interviewed multiple times on radio and television.
- He graduated from Illinois State University with a bachelor’s degree in political science and history. He has conducted local history tours and appeared in several independently produced movies.
- He has years of experience working with public officials, professionals and the general public. In connection with his newspaper work, he was courtroom media coordinator for prosecutors, defense lawyers, judges and media outlets in La Salle, Bureau and Grundy counties.
- Lawrence is UKA’s Corporate Accountant and is responsible for all accounting and financial responsibilities at the North America office. He has 10 years of accounting experience in public and corporate accounting.
- Lawrence earned his Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting from The State University of New York at New Paltz.
Daniel S. Zulandt
- Daniel is an attorney admitted to practice law in Ohio and Florida, and provides his experience and support to the development team on legal and regulatory matters.
- Daniel received his Bachelor’s of Art from Wake Forest University, his Master’s of Arts in Anthropology from Ohio State University and his Juris Doctorate from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law.
- Ramona ensures a smooth-running office day-to-day by assisting employees with a variety of tasks. She also works closely with IT and Accounting, acting as a notary for the North America office.
- Ramona earned her degree in Industrial Management with a minor in Accounting while studying in Germany.
UKA is committed to honesty and quality through every step of the renewable energy development process.
Contact us today to learn more about becoming a UKA partner.