The UKA Group is a leading international wind and solar energy developer across Germany, Europe and the United States. Our expert team around the world is committed to honesty and integrity that landowners and communities can rely on from the project’s conception through operations. Meet the expert team members at our North American branch in Stuart, Florida. We have been developing renewable energy for more than 20 years contributing to climate change solutions.
- Daniel is an executive energy professional with more than 25 years of expertise in the development, permitting and construction of energy infrastructure.
- He joined UKA in 2018 and is responsible for the US organization, Stuart office and execution of the business plan.
- He has led the development and permitting of more than 2,000 MW of power generation across North America including wind, solar and battery storage.
- He has been a member of the New York Bar Association since 1998, and previously led cross-functional teams at US Generating, Toshiba and Acciona Energy North America.
Chief Financial Officer
- Rudolph is an executive energy professional with more than 20 years of expertise in energy primarily in renewable energy focused on wind, solar and nuclear energy technology.
- He joined UKA in 2023 and is responsible for managing the accounting and finance functions of the US organization.
- He has previously led accounting and finance functions including his most recent experience with NuScale Power Corporation where he assembled and managed the Finance, FP&A, and Treasury teams prior to and after the company publicly-listed on the NYSE.
- He has an MBA from the University of Portland and holds both the Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) and Chartered Financial Analyst designations.
Vice President Texas Regional
- Michael is an executive energy professional with more than 30 years of expertise in Commercial Real Estate and 8 years in the development, permitting and construction of energy infrastructure.
- He joined UKA in 2021 and is responsible for the Texas office and execution of the business plan.
- He has been licensed as a real estate broker in 8 states and has done land acquisition and development work for numerous energy companies.
Vice President Engineering, Procurement & Construction
- Denis is a PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with over 35 years Energy industry experience, primarily in Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy (Wind & Solar), Fossil and Nuclear Energy.
- His multi-faceted skill set includes Project Development and Execution, Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management.
- He has a track record of managing and successfully delivering multi-million dollar capital projects in the United States, Africa and Saudi Arabia.
- He joined UKA in 2021, has a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Tuskegee University and an MBA in Project Management from Florida Institute of Technology.
Land and Project Manager
- Dennis is a utility-scale renewable energy veteran with nearly 17 years of wind, solar, and battery storage development experience in a dozen states.
- He has led or assisted on projects from Arizona to Pennsylvania and Texas to Wyoming and negotiated literally thousands of agreements totaling hundreds of thousands of acres. His executed agreements have an aggregated landowner value in excess of $1 billion.
- He has a Bachelor of Science in Radio/TV Communications, an MBA, PMP, RWA, and is a Texas licensed real estate agent. He also produces educational videos on windfarms hosted at www.windfarmguy.com.
- Driven energy and infrastructure professional with extensive experience in renewable energy, electric transmission, and oil and gas industries.
- 12 years of real estate experience on acquisition projects in 36 states. A licensed real estate broker, SR/WA with the IRWA, and CPL with the AAPL who has personally negotiated over 1,000 surface-use agreements and has 8 years of experience as a project manager.
- An enthusiastic leader, skilled communicator, and proven force multiplier with foundations established in organizational behavior, problem solving, and strategic planning.
Charles D. Wright
Vice President Development
- Charles is a renewable energy professional with expertise in development, M&A, project finance, offtake procurement and project management.
- He has worked on the origination, financing, and development of more than 2.5 GWs of wind and solar energy projects.
- He has previously worked at RedWind Renewables.
Project Development Manager
- Yuvraj is a dynamic clean energy professional with a decade of international expertise and a track record of successfully building and scaling businesses across multiple renewable technologies.
- He has handled utility and distributed energy solar/ battery storage projects from origination/ green fielding, market analysis and strategy, permitting, to project development and management.
- He is an engineer with an advanced degree in MBA.
- Adam has joined the UKA team with many years of successfully bringing both municipal and renewable energy projects to completion.
- He has consulted on off-shore, solar and BESS projects in New England, the Midwest and Florida.
- Adam earned a bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the American University in Washington DC and a Master’s in Public Administration from the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida.
Junior Project Developer
- Christian is a renewable energy professional specializing in development, market analysis, energy yield assessments, and land prospecting.
- He earned his Bachelor’s of Science in Wind Energy with a Minor in Mathematics from Texas Tech University in May 2020.
- He has a combined 3 years of experience in electricity through his time as a REP broker for business owners in Houston, Texas and as an engineer at South Plains Electric Co-Op in Lubbock, Texas.
Junior Project Developer
- Trevor is a renewable energy professional specializing in development, resource assessment, and site design.
- He earned his Bachelor’s of Science in Wind Energy from Texas Tech University.
Junior Project Developer
- John Butler earned his Bachelors of Science in Wind Energy from Texas Tech University.
- He is a renewable energy professional specializing in wind/solar development and site design.
Junior Project Developer
- Isaac earned his Bachelor of Science in Renewable Energy and Minor in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) from Texas Tech University in May 2023.
- He is a Renewable Energy professional specializing in wind/solar development and site design.
- Richard comes to UKA North America from PowerHome Solar, where he directed the purchasing and inventory for both commercial and residential operations.
- He is a supply chain professional with 15 years’ experience.
- He earned his LLB (UK Law degree) from University of London in June 2014.
Vice President Market Assessment & Power Marketing
- Stephen is a renewable energy professional with over fifteen years of experience structuring and negotiating renewable energy power contracts.
- He successfully managed the declaration of commercial operations for 2.3 GW of renewable energy projects; as well as negotiated the execution of 248 MW of Firm and VPPA contracts. He has structured and negotiated complex sales transactions as well as long term Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) with utilities and C/I customers.
- Stephen joined UKA in 2023 and is responsible for power marketing for all of UKA’s North American projects under development. He is an expert at understanding the economic variables that go into revenue modeling and pricing for off-take agreements for renewable resources.
- Stephen has a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Political Science from Middlebury College and a Juris Doctorate from Suffolk University.
Director of Power Marketing
- Mikhail is an energy professional with 10 years of experience in power marketing, asset optimization, trading, and analytics.
- He has previously worked at Talen Energy, Dominion Energy, and Eagle Creek Renewable Energy.
- He received a Bachelor of Arts from Franklin & Marshall College and a Master of Business Administration from University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
Director of Transmission Planning and Interconnection
- Reynaldo is an electrical engineer with six years of consulting experience and more than 14 years of experience performing system transmission planning in accordance with NERC reliability and design standards. He also boasts more than 30 years of experience in power system operations and other industrial activities with proven ability to perform high level studies to evaluate the performance of the bulk power system.
- Reynaldo is an expert in modeling and simulating any power system scenario with excellent abilities in system planning tools like PSSE, ASPEN, PSLF, TARA and MUST.
Evelyn Parra Benavides
Assistant Electrical Engineer
- Evelyn is an Electrical Engineer with a major in Power Systems with more than 20 years of experience in conducting transmission planning studies for the design of short and long term investments, contracting and managing the construction of substations and transmission lines associated for the electric utility in Venezuela.
- She also has 4 years of experience as a PV designer for residential and commercial loads in Puerto Rico.
- She joined UKA in 2021 as Assistant Electrical Engineer for the Transmission Planning Group.
Team Leader of Prospecting
- Oneida is a renewable energy professional specializing in the identification and qualification of exploratory project locations utilizing various market tools including Global Mapper, Google Earth Pro, PVSyst, and more.
- She acquired 10 years of renewable energy experience coordinating project needs that included: managing staff allocation, negotiating priorities and resolving scheduling conflicts as Account Manager of NextEra Energy’s Wind Analytics team.
Prospecting Team Assistant
- Claus is an environmental consultant since 15 years and ensured environmentally-friendly development through conservation, restoration and protection.
- His experience includes consulting with private engineering firms and construction contractors to investigate environmental impacts; relocate and monitoring threatened and endangered species; collaborate with local, federal, and state agencies; and obtain environmental permits.
- Claus earned his Bachelor’s of Science in Marine Biology from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington and his Master of Science in Biology, Coastal Ecology, and Seagrass Biology from Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton.
Senior Construction Manager
- Troy is a renewable energy professional with over 23 years in the industry specializing in renewable project implementation, startup, construction, and turnover to Operations.
- He strives on building relationships with the landowners, local government officials and the many different contractors that are needed to build a successful project.
- A diverse background of working on large multi-project contracts with an array of stakeholders.
- Troy joined UKA in 2023 as a Senior Construction Manager.
Community Relations Specialist
- Before joining UKA in 2021, Dan was a newspaper reporter and freelance writer for 25 years, with his work appearing in publications throughout northern Illinois. A La Salle County native, he also penned two local history books and has been interviewed multiple times on radio and television.
- He graduated from Illinois State University with a bachelor’s degree in political science and history. He has conducted local history tours and appeared in several independently produced movies.
- He has years of experience working with public officials, professionals and the general public. In connection with his newspaper work, he was courtroom media coordinator for prosecutors, defense lawyers, judges and media outlets in La Salle, Bureau and Grundy counties.
Daniel S. Zulandt
- Daniel is an attorney admitted to practice law in Ohio and Florida, and provides his experience and support to the development team on legal and regulatory matters.
- Daniel received his Bachelor’s of Art from Wake Forest University, his Master’s of Arts in Anthropology from Ohio State University and his Juris Doctorate from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law.
- Ramona ensures a smooth-running office day-to-day by assisting employees with a variety of tasks. She also works closely with IT and Accounting, acting as a notary for the North America office.
- Ramona earned her degree in Industrial Management with a minor in Accounting while studying in Germany.
- Kristy joined the UKA North America team in 2022.
- She is a licensed title agent and has over twenty years of real estate experience.
- Kristy obtained her Bachelor’s degree in Business Management in 2020 from Indian River State College.
- Lisa has more than 15 years of experience in Accounting.
- She has a Masters in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting.
UKA is committed to honesty and quality through every step of the renewable energy development process.
Contact us today to learn more about becoming a UKA partner.